Tuesday 7 June 2011

When a Child is Born

After harvesting the Lemonades I made cordial and marmalade. Both of which are delicious and should last a few months. Each day I check on the sheep in the hope they will give birth. The udders have been getting bigger and bigger - so I know the time is nearing.

Last night the lovely Heather stayed over once again, but arrived just as it was getting dark. Over some low-alchollic wine we talked about the sheep and decided to check on them before Heather left - praying there would be a birth. Yet that morning we had breakfast and Heather left without paying the animals a visit - which was a total shame! I finally went down at mid-day and what did I see? Mascara had given birth to a beautiful lamb. After so much death this year I am over the moon.

If the lamb is a boy it will be the most fantastic lamb roast. If she is a girl we will call her Heather - because she was here when the little critter was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment