Tuesday 24 May 2011

And so the Queen Takes Her Rightful Place

A couple of years ago I offered to buy a female Daschund as my Mother's Birthday/Christmas present. My Mother accepted the gift on the condition that when she moved to the U.K. to live for 5 years that I would look after the dog.

Bella Arrives
Myles found a tan Daschund online and visited the breeder in Western Sydney - our usual breeder had dropped off the face of the planet. Myles instantly feel in love with the little puppy and brought her home to stay for a couple of weeks - while we arranged the flight to Adelaide so I could present my Mother with the gift. Like all puppies she was extremely noisy for the first 3 days. Fritz even begged not to sleep with her in the same room - alas we forced him to look after her. Myles and I had just watched 'Elizabeth - The Golden Years' (bad movie) but I really liked the name Isabella from the movie. So we temporarily called the dog Bella.  Mr Grumpy (Fritz) did eventually bond with Bella on the last day.

Love at First Sight - My Mother with her new baby
So as promised my parents delivered the dog to me before they moved to the U.K. We were all a little worried how Bella would fit in - especially with Lily (monster dog) being such a huge dog. After a rough couple of weeks both Bella and Lily adore each other - biting and playing all day. Meanwhile the Grumpy Old Man, Fritz, watches with distain.

Secretly I think, like Fritz, Bella was spoilt but now she has to compete with 2 other dogs - that hasn't stopped her. She jumps on ANYONE'S lap and has worked out that at 5am in the morning our bed is the warmest place in the house. After 2 weeks here she has worked out she is the boss - Fritz second - then me - then Lily - then Myles. Sorry Milo!

No comments:

Post a Comment