Wednesday 28 March 2012

I Hate Mieces to Pieces

 Our Nanny, Loo, hasn't been very well. Worms again. <See multiple past entries> So we have penned her near the house. She has shelter, is given a delicious aray of different foods, and water. I would braid her tail but I think that is going to far. This morning I mucked her out, gave her new food, and just as I was going to change her water I saw something jump. A mouse had managed in fall into her bucket of water.


As I looked down into the bucket I saw that it was actually a pretty cute mouse. DAMN! Too hard to kill myself - they have those eyes. If I let it loose it would just steal more food. So I have left it in the bucket out in the open for the Kookaburra to eat. It's the great circle of life!

Meanwhile I made up this cake - it could also be used as a pudding.

Lemon-Lime Cake with Burnt Marmalade Topping

250g butter
3 eggs
2 lemons
1 lime
1kg self raising flour
1/2 tspn salt
150g sugar
milk
for topping
1 cup marmalade
100g sugar

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Cream butter and sugar together. Then add eggs and salt, mix well. Add zest of lemon and lime and then add the juice of both. Mix well. Finally lightly mix in the flour. The less the flour is mixed the cakier the mixture - but ensure fully mixed. Add milk to ensure it is a runnish mixture. (soft peaks)

Grease a cake tin and pour in mixture. This amount of batter made two bread loafs for me. Put in oven until brown on top and mixture has cooked all the way through.

On a stove top, heat the marmalade and sugar together. Add water and stir until the mixture is syrupy. I make my own marmalade and usually have a mix of burnt and regular marmalade.

Pour topping over the cake. Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment